Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What is Aink Davis?

This being the first blog, I should explain the reasoning behind such a weird name.

Aink Davis? What is that? He sounds cool. I want to be like him.

... at least that's what I would think.

Let's go back about 5 years to the year 2003.

I was enjoying my slumber one summer night, when I had one of those vivid, colorful dreams... the kind you remember nothing about the following morning. All I can tell you is that during this dream, the most amazing band name came to mind. Something so awesome, it made you want to sell your soul to be this band. A name that would carry the band. Because we all know when starting a band, "the first thing you need is a name. Then you'll know what kind of band you got." -Lucas, Empire Records.

I managed to wake up just enough to scribble this fantastical band name on a piece of paper and went back to sleep.

Wake up the next morning, brush my teeth, hop in the shower, and as I'm drying myself off, I see this little piece of torn off envelope with chicken scratch on it. I pick it up trying to make out the words. I can tell it's my hand writing, but I can't make out the words. Is it something I was suppose to do today? Maybe a cool beat I wrote down last night? And after staring at it for a few minutes, I got smart and flipped it right side up.

Aink Davis.

Then it all clicked. The dream that gave me the most awesome band name ever. A name so awesome, I've pitched it to every band I've been in and has never failed to be rejected. It's too big of a name for anyone to understand anyway. Way too ahead of their time.

So that's the story behind the name. Now figure out who he has morphed into.

1 comment:

Kenzie said...

I think that sounds like an amazing band name! Haha. . .how on earth could ANYONE reject something like that?!