Thursday, September 11, 2008

Night out in the Asia of South County... Irvine

Last night, my good Korean friend, Amy Baker (she's half. No one's perfect), hit me up for some hang time. So naturally, I took her to get some good wholesome Korean food at Ka Ju Tofo Restaurant.

For those of you unfamiliar with Korean cuisine, it's like having your own mini buffet on the table.

Observe exhibit A...



Everything is served with rice (surprise) and at this particular restaurant, a fried fish, head intact.

Exhibit B...



Mine was a tough one and fought for its life as i devoured its salty meat. It attacked my chop stick and died when he tried to swallow it. Then I ate him whole.




To my dismay, Amy didn't eat hers. "I don't like bone in my mouth," she tells me.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?



After dinner, we headed across the street for dessert at Yogurtland where Amy forced me to visit the Hello Kitty stationary and accessory store next door. Her mistake... because this Hello Kitty store was just a front for the real goods. Japanese Photo Booths.




Now, if you know anything about me, you know I work for Red Cheese Photo Booth. So you can only imagine my enthusiasm for this amazing discovery. The main difference though between normal photo booths and Japanese ones is that after you take your pictures, you get to bedazzle them...

...and the result...






And, the grand finale...






Be jealous. You'll never get to have this much fun without being Korean.

BACH

3 comments:

Amy Baker said...

i ended up making a blogspot now... thanks a lot. haha Korea fun any day!!

Unknown said...

Gotta love Kitty House!

Over priced Hello Kitty and photo booths galore!

Amy Baker said...

okay A. this blog made me crack up AGAIN!!! lord...

I dont like bone in my mouth.. what the heck!! omg...

I am a retard... anyways.. when are we doing this again... I need a Korean Night... Dexter season 3 is on!! haha.. we need a Dexter night as well with a photobooth of corse! :)